Saturday, July 10, 2010

Black Pepper Chicken and Mushroom in Pita



I'm not a big fan of kebabs or anything which includes pita bread. During my practical training, I used to prepare the ingredients for chicken and mushroom in pita. Once in a while I would sneak to taste the chicken and mushroom while filling them up in the pita pocket. It was delicious! However, I'd never had the chance to learn the complete recipes.

I remember onions, chicken, and mushroom as the main ingredients. Using these ingredients, I decided to make my own chicken and mushroom pita, and come out with black pepper chicken and mushroom in pita.

Ingredients:

1 no      Onion - Chopped
1 clove  Garlic - Chopped
400g     Chicken - Cubed
400g     Mushroom - Cubed
2 nos    Bay leaf
dash     Oregano
5g        Ground Black Pepper
            Salt as needed
            Corn Starch


Directions:

1. Preheat the oil in pan. Add in bay leaf, onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
2. Add in mushroom and chicken and stir frequently.
3. Add some oregano and ground black pepper. Stir in the corn starch, and season with salt.
4. Cut the pita bread, and serve the chicken in the pita pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...