Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fish Fillet with Chillies and Thai Herbs



In my home, I rarely cooked side dishes. My mother did a better job at that than I am. When my mother asked me to cook, I was thinking of cooking a side dishes to go with the white rice. I browsed through my recipe book, and found a recipe for stir fry chicken with chillies and Thai herbs. I substitute the chicken for fish fillet, though... The recipe is very easy and quick! My family said it tasted good too! I'm sure I'll be making them again sometimes :)

Ingredients:

2 lemon grass stalk
4 tbsp vegetable oil
6 fresh bird's eye chillies - deseeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
800g fish fillet
3 tbsp thai fish sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriender
3 fresh bird's eye chillies, thinly sliced to garnish
5 baby tomatoes to garnish

1. Cut off and discard the woody top part of the lemon grass stalk, leaving about 5 inches of the bulb end, and slice them. Heat the oil in a wok. Add in the chilies, lemon grass and garlic. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.

2. Add the fish fillet and stir fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce, sou sauce and continue to stir fry them until the fish is cooked thorough.

3. Stir in the coriander, Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with sliced chillies, baby tomatoes and coriander leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...