Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Berliner



I had a craving for doughnut. I always loved Dunkin' Donuts' munchkin. They're so cute. However, when I googled for munchkin recipes, I found Berliner instead. According to German Food Guide, Berliner is accredited to Berlin. They are fist-sized pastries, made from a sweet yeast-dough and deep fried. They are filled with jam or vanilla cream and topped with powdered sugar, granulated sugar or icing.

Berliner looks like  munchkin, although I'm not sure if they're the same. They do looked as cute as munchkin, though. So, I thought, I should be experimenting on this recipe. After all the ingredients required is all available in the kitchen. What I love about Berliner (beside being cute) is the faint sweetness of jelly and dough. It seems like one piece of them is never enough (I caught my cousin eating them again and again).

However, I had a little incident while experimenting this recipe. I made a mistakes while writing down the recipe - so I end up using too much butter in this one. I think my Berliner end up crispier than it should be.

You could find the recipe for Berliner here :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...