Friday, April 15, 2011

Waldorf Salad


It was my parents' anniversary. I had to prepare some dishes, a dinner for them. I had to think of something really simple, and really easy to make. Then, I came up with a menu.

Appetizer
Waldorf Salad

Soup
French Onion Soup

Main Course
Broast Chicken with Oven Roasted Potato Wedges and Oven Roasted Vegetables

Desserts
Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream


We were really hungry by the time I finished (well, my parents are). I didn't manage to shoot more pictures of others dishes. Waldorf Salad was the only dish I manage to shoot.

Waldorf salad was one of the simplest salad to prepare. It's healthy too! I read an article, and it said that it's good to consume fruits before any meal. That's why I decided on Waldorf Salad.

Waldorf Salad

2 apples - cored and diced
1 stalk celery - sliced or diced
1 handful walnuts - toasted and chopped coarsely (I omitted this)
3 tbsp fruit salad dressing
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
lettuce - for base

1. Mix the apple, celery and walnuts in a bowl.
2. Mix the dressing, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Toss the salad with the dressing.
4. Serve on a bed of lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...