Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kimchi Jjigae/Chigae


I've been keeping this recipe for quite some times. I've always wanted to try this. So, when my brother and I were making some kimchi last time, I took some and made this kimchi stew. They were really easy to prepare. Although I think mine turned out a bit spicy. I should reduce the chili paste next time I'm making this.

Kimchi Jjigae/Chigae (From Maangchi)

200 grams of  beef/tuna
4 or 5 cups of chopped kimchi 
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp of hot pepper flakes
1 tbs hot pepper paste 
onion, 
green onions
half a package of tofu 
sesame oil and water

  1. In a shallow pot, put some chopped kimchi and juice.
  2. Add sliced onion, hot pepper paste, and hot pepper flakes, sugar, and green onions.
  3. Pour water until all ingredients are submerged.
  4. Close the lid of the pot and boil it 25 or 30 minutes. (first 10 minutes will be high heat and then turn down the heat over medium heat)
  5. Add some tofu and boil it 5 minutes more and put some sesame oil right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...