Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pasta Primavera

This magazine cover was my final project for my food photography class. Edited with Picasa and Picnik :)
My brother asked me for some vegetarian recipes. He was disappointed when I updated with my Pan Fried Chicken recipes. I haven't got any pictures of any vegetarian dishes in stock, except this. I made this pasta during my food photography class. Pasta Primavera - it's a perfect dish for summer, don't you think? I've never attempt to make this at home - my little sister doesn't like vegetable, remember?

Pasta Primavera

1 carrot, peeled, and cut into strips
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (I like them charred)
250g  Pasta
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp Italian herbs
2 cloves garlic - minced
Oil
Salt and pepper
Grated parmesan, optional



1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in your pasta and cook until they were al dante (cooked, but firm).
2. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Saute minced garlic first. Add the vegetables, stir to coat with oil. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until vegetables are just cooked. 
3. Add some Italian herbs. Pour in tomato sauce and let it cook.
4. Once the pasta is ready drain the pasta and put it directly into the skillet with the vegetables. Adjust seasoning. Add more sauce if needed. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes.
5. Serve with some freshly grated Parmesan, if you like.

1 comment:

  1. hi nashnordin. thanks for your visit at bloggers.com.. nice to know you and your great blog here. hey! vegetarian pasta..yummy. do visit my blog and would like to read your comment in my box ok...since you are a chef. i am not :) have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...