Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Culinary Moment #2: Colored Vanilla Muffins


Last week, I was really busy with baking vanilla muffins. An ex-schoolmate ordered 1600 muffins for her wedding - as a door gift to the guest. Making 1600 muffins on your own was not easy. So, I started making these muffins a few days earlier. I made these muffins into a few colors - red, orange, pink, purple, blue and peach. And these muffins comes with a few designs too - spiral, polka dots and marbled. I think, marbled muffins looks the best!


Working with lots of muffins isn't as easy as I thought. You have to work quicker with muffins. You need to pop them into the oven once you mix the ingredients and scoop them into the paper cups to prevent loss of volume. So, I figured that I should be preparing the muffin mix in advance. I weighted the dry ingredients, sifted them and portioned them into 250g each packet. I figured that I couldn't work with large volume of muffins all in once as I was working in the kitchen by myself. There's no way that I could scoop the muffins into the pan, checking the muffins in the oven, cooling the muffins and arranging them on the table all at once.


Fortunately, my family helped me a lot with packaging (my customer requested me to package the muffins into individual packaging). Folding the small boxes and packaging those muffins were time consuming. So I am really glad that they help me with packaging and counting those muffins. THANK YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...