Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tiramisu with Strawberries



I LOVE strawberries. So, when I saw Tracie Moo from Bitter Sweet Flavor's Strawberry Tiramisu. (She made her Tiramisu in a wine glass, and it looks AMAZING!) I was tempted to make one. When I was in culinary school, most of my classmate was afraid to prepare this dessert because of it's difficulty. I never really got to try to prepare Tiramisu myself. It's always the other person, or the other group who got to be in charge in preparing this dessert.


I consulted this recipe I got from my pastry class, and decided to challenge myself to prepare this dessert. But, there's one big problem. I couldn't understand my own recipe, since there's no preparation method mentioned. There's only the ingredients needed and numbers of sequence. After a few minutes of staring at my note, I finally figure out the recipe, and my adventure began. 



Tiramisu

2.5 egg yolks (beaten)
60g castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
250g mascarpone cheese
40g whipped cream
10g gelatin powder

Ladies finger sponge (24 pieces)
Strong coffee
Strawberries - sliced. Set aside some for garnishing.
Cocoa Powder

Preparation:

1. Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Add in cream cheese and continue beating until creamy.
2. Fold in whipped cream, and add in gelatin powder.
3. Pour in coffee in a shallow dish, and dip in ladies finger sponge in strong coffee. Don't dip in the sponge too long in the coffee. 
4. Top the sponge with mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle some fresh strawberries on top. (Tracie Moo from Bitter Sweet Flavor used strawberry filling. But, I like them fresh.)
5. Top strawberries with another layer of coffee dipped sponge and mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
6. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
7. Garnish with more strawberries before serving.

1 comment:

  1. tiramisu, sure is my favorite . love it so much, your adding strawberries is just another interesting flavor.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...