Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pavlova


I recently attempted to bake a pavlova. The first time I had a Pavlova was during my final kitchen class years ago. It was a macadamia pavlova made by a fellow classmate. I think it was the best pavlova I've had.


The first step was to beat the egg white into meringue and baked them in the oven. I wanted to try making them into two layers. So I divided my meringue into two.


Spread some whipped cream and tossed some fruits on top, and they are ready to be served. I never thought that pavlova could be this easy (at least they're easier than macarons!). I am definitely going to try this again when I got any extra whipping cream :)

Pavlova

4 egg whites
1 1/4 cups castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zezt
2 teaspoons cornstarch
whipped cream
Fruits - strawberry, grapes, berries, kiwi, peach or anything you like.
  • Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw two 6 inches circle on the parchment paper.
  • In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add in the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until thick and glossy. 
  • Gently fold in vanilla extract, lemon juice, zest and cornstarch. Spoon meringue mixture inside the circles drawn on the parchment paper. Work from the center and gently spread the mixture toward the outside.
  • Bake for 1 hour. Then, cool on a wire rack.
  • Remove the paper, and place meringue on a flat serving plate. Fill the center of the meringue with whipped cream, and top with fruits slices. Top with another meringue and repeat with whipped cream and fruits.
  • Drizzle some sauce (I used strawberry sauce) and ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...