Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Savoury Bread Pudding


My mom said that savoury bread pudding reminds her to her deceased sister. My aunt was really good with cooking and I guess a lot of people kinda miss her cooking. I decided to try making the savoury bread pudding. How difficult can it be to prepare a bread pudding? I googled and studied some recipes and came out with this. I never remember the taste of my aunt's bread pudding, but I do remember there's minced beef and garnished with chilies and some leaves I don't recall from my childhood.
Savoury Bread Pudding

3 nos. potato, cut into small cube
400gm minced beef
1 no. onion, large
2 clove garlic
2-3 tbsp curry powder
1 loaf bread
400ml fresh milk or condensed milk
3 eggs,large
salt to taste
vegetable oil
butter
2 chillies, cut brunois for garnish
celery leaf, sliced
fried shallot
  • Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease rectangle/square cake pan with butter/ oven proof dish.
  • Blend onion and garlic.Heat a little bit oil in the frying pan and add in blended ingredients. Add in curry powder and fry until fragrant.
  • Add in minced meat and potato. Season with some salt. Set aside.
  • Beat milk and eggs in a bowl. 
  • Soak bread into the milk batter and make a layer in the cake pan. 
  • Spread some curry minced beef filling on the bread. Repeat the process with another layer of bread just like preparing a lasagna. 
  • Sprinkle some red chillies, celery leaf (or coriander if you prefer) on top. 
  • Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. 
  • Garnish with some fried shallot before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...