Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Strawberry Cream Swiss Roll


I was really excited to try that decorated Swiss roll. With my first batch, the cake didn't turn out so great (I used a recipe I found on this new cookbook I bought). The design/decoration got mixed up with the batter that I have no idea what design it was on the cake. I made the second batch using a different recipes (this recipes was the one I got from my lecturer during my pastry class). The cake turned out good, but the design was 'meh'.That was why I decided to cover that not-so-attractive design with lots of whipping cream, and made myself some Strawberry Cream Swiss Roll.
Strawberry Cream Swiss Roll

45g soft flour
25g corn flour
3g baking powder
30g ovalette (a type of sponge cake stabilizer)
120g castor sugar
5nos eggs
20ml water
60g melted butter
1-2 tsp vanilla essence
whipping cream
strawberry - cut into small cubes
strawberry sauce
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Melt butter. Set aside.
  2. Add in all ingredients, except for butter into mixer. Beat well in about 5 minutes with wire whisk.
  3. Fold in butter into cake batter.
  4. You may take 1/4 batter and use it for design decoration on the Swiss roll
  5. Pour batter into sheet tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
  6. Leave to cool.
  7. Spread whipping cream on cake and sprinkle some strawberry on top.
  8. Roll cake carefully.
  9. Pipe more whipping cream on top and garnish with strawberry. You may drizzle strawberry sauce on top.

I haven't been posting more recipes this recently. My excuse would be that I was busy. But the truth was that I was lazy to write/upload photos of food I made. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...