Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Spicy Mango Barbecued Chicken

Yikes! I haven't been updating this blog for months! My last entry was in late October 2013. It's a miracle that my followers haven't removed me from their list. It's not like I haven't been cooking/baking and snapping some photos of my experiments in the kitchen - like this recipe below that I'm about to share. The truth is, I was too lazy to post, or write something up for this blog. I'm going to try my best to post more frequently this year.


I love barbecue! I think I did mention that in my earlier post (I love the sweet and spicy one). Recently I've started to make my own barbecue sauce instead of mixing in some mixture of prepared sauce. 


I've decided to make this mango barbecued sauce when my mom got this huge mango from my grandma. It was too large and a little bit sour, so I decided to take half of it to make this mango barbecued sauce. I added in some chili pepper for that little kick.


Spicy Mango Barbecued Chicken
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 tablespoon vegetable oil 
  • 1 small onion, minced 
  • 2 medium cloves garlic, minced 
  • 1 1/2 cups peeled fresh mango, pureed  
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce 
  • 1/3 cup dark brown sugar 
  • 1/3 cup honey 
  • 1/3 cup cider vinegar 
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard 
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped red chilies, seeded
  • salt 
  • 1 teaspoon chili pepper
  1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. 
  2. Stir in pureed mangoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, chili (you may use any other type of chili like Habanero), salt, and red chili pepper (Add more to your liking). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until the sauce slightly thickened, about 15 to 25 minutes. Stir occasionally. 
  3. Puree sauce with an immersion blender, or in the jar of a regular blender, until smooth.
  4. Brush hot sauce over the chicken breasts (or any other chicken parts you like). 
  5. You may cook the chicken in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or cook under a hot preheated grill until cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...