Monday, May 9, 2011

Yellow River


April was a cupcake month. I've been baking lots of cupcakes apparently. I decided to try something else and was glad when I found a couple packets of yeast. I decided to make some bread.

I've learn the Yellow River recipe when I was in my first year in culinary arts school. However, I never had the chance to try making them. I was in a different group, and my group was assigned to do something else.

I've tried to google for more information on this bread, as I didn't quite remember the shape of this bread. But I found none. So, I decided to do some experimenting with this bread.

Yellow River
125ml milk
25g compressed yeast
75g sugar
pinch of salt
1# egg
412g strong flour
raisins/mixed fruit
yellow coloring
sugar for sprinkle


1. Combine all ingredients, except for raisins.
2. Mix until well.
3. Rest the dough for 15 - 20 minutes.
4. Knock the dough, and sprinkle the raisins into it
5. Divide the dough into six, and shape the dough - roll them into a long rope, and braids them (I'm not really sure how to explain them).
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
7. Glaze bread with butter, and sprinkle some coarse sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...