Monday, December 19, 2011

Soft Rolls


I used to prepare soft rolls a lot during my diploma. It is something which me and my classmates prepared for our commercial cooking class. Cut the roll into two, and spread some butter- it taste really good, fresh from the oven. I remember that I used to pack some leftovers soft rolls, and save the cute rolls for breakfast! The recipe is pretty simple too! 


Soft Roll

250g Flour
1 egg
100ml water
25g butter
35g castor sugar
5g dried yeast
10g salt

1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer with salt and yeast added separately.
2. Mix for 20 minutes in medium speed.
3. Knead the dough. (I added in chopped basil at this step. You may add some other chopped herbs, or leave it as it is.)
4. Rest for 20 minutes. Cover the dough with damp towel.
5. Knock the dough.
6. Roll the dough into a ball. 20g per ball. (You may sprinkle some sesame seeds, almond nibs, etc on top of bread)
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius

3 comments:

  1. hi nash, sorry for coming late, got problem with my broadband- the buns look so soft and sweet.. quiet simple to do i guess.. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi cookingvarieties! Yes, the roll is really simple to prepare. Thank you for your visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi nash, how are you. many thanks for visiting my site again, really appreciate that.
    came by, thought you may have new recipe- loooking forward.
    as for the black pepper drink recipe you asked earlier, you have to make sure the pepper is in powder form, the recipe is a traditional one, practised hundreds of years ago.. thanks and have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...