Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pomegranate Cupcakes

Baking different kinds of cupcake flavor can be fun! When my mum bought a few pomegranate from a farmer's market, I decided to take a few of those pomegranate, and turn them into cupcakes. I love the taste of pomegranate as juice. I've seen a few pictures of pomegranate cupcakes, and they are super cute with the little seeds topping! I thought it would be great to experiment with pomegranate cupcakes.


All I did was to add a bit of pomegranate juice and seed in my vanilla cupcake recipe, frost them with cream cheese frosting, and sprinkle a bit of pomegranate seed on top. The cakes are a bit yellowish, and a bit pinkish. You can add a bit pink coloring to your batter if you want it more pink.
Pomegranate Cupcakes

125g butter (softened)
2 eggs
3/4tsp vanilla essence
180gm self raising flour
1/2cup pomegranate juice
170gm castor sugar
1/4tsp salt
1/4cup pomegranate seed
Cream cheese frosting
More pomegranate seed (to decorate)
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth with an electric mixer.
  3. Place mixture into lined cupcake trays using a spoon, filling each until 3/4 full.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes.
  5. Cool completely before decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...