I saw the these fresh clam during my visit to farmer's market and decided to try make them into soup. These recipe was super easy. In just 15 minutes, you will have a tasty and flavorful soup. I love dipping the soup with bread. It taste lovely.
1 kg clams, scrubbed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 clove of garlic, minced
1 cup anchovy stock
1 tbsp butter, divide into 4
2 tbsp chopped chilies
- Heat the oil in a medium size pot. Add the garlic and sauté until brown. Not burn.
- Add the clams and anchovy stock; stir for 1 minute. Lots of recipes with clam soup used wine. I opt for stock or water since wine is a big NO for me.
- Cover and cook until the clams begin to open, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drop a portion of butter in every corner of pot and let it melt.
- Season to taste. Discard any clams that do not open. Sprinkle with chopped chilies and cilantro.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.