Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Caramelized Bread Pudding


Bread pudding is one of the simplest treat I know. When I was making bread pudding, I've always love to sprinkle some raisins and cinnamon in them. The combination was good. My mom loved that too. I've always omitted brushing the butter on bread. I like it that way. How do you like your bread pudding?

I'm not really sure what I was doing. But I was making some caramelized sugar when I was supposed to prepare a bread pudding. So, I decided to pour some caramelized sugar on top of the pudding just before I popped them into the oven.

Caramelized Bread Pudding

150 ml Cream
150 Milk
1# Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
20g Raisins
20 g Castor Sugar
5 slice Bread
generous amount of Cinnamon Powder
Caramelized Sugar
Vanilla Ice Cream - to garnish

1. Arrange 1/2 bread on mold. Sprinkle raisins and Cinnamon powder.
2. Make another layer of bread on top. Sprinkle more raisins and Cinnamon powder.
3. Mix together cream, milk, sugar, egg and vanilla essence.
4. Pour in batter on top of bread and soak the bread well.
5. Pour the caramelized sugar on top.
6. Bake 180 degrees Celsius at 25 minutes.
7. Serve them warm topped with some vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...