Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Apple Cream Tart


I missed my kitchen (okay, it's my mum's) a lot while being away for two weeks. So, when I get back from my 'disappearance' I told my mum I wanted to bake something. I flipped over some of my magazine to search for a new dishes to be experimented on. Then, I found a recipe of Apple Cream Tart from Food Digest's volume 4. The recipe was provided by Laura Calder. So, I thought, I should give it a try :)

Of course, mine didn't look as good as Calder's

Apple Cream Tart

Tart Shell
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour

Cream Filling
1 egg
1/2tsp vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 sugar

Topping
3 apples - peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts.

Tart Shell
1. Heat the oven to 200 Celsius. Make the crust: cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla. FInally mix in the flour to make a smooth dough.
2. Press into the bottom of an 20cm/8-inch spring-form pan, giving it about a 1-inch/2.5cm rim. Bake 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven.

Cream Filling
1. Beat all the ingredients for the cream filling together until smooth.
2. Remove the tart shell from the oven. Spread over the cream mixture.

Topping
1. Make the topping by tossing the apple slices with the cinnamon, sugar and nuts.
2. Arrange the apple slices on top, then scatter over the nuts. Bake until the apple are tender and golden, about 40 minutes.


I had some leftover dough for crust and filling. I sprinkled some chopped chocolate on top, and bake them in the muffin tin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...