I've been keeping this recipe for quite some times. I've always wanted to try this. So, when my brother and I were making some kimchi last time, I took some and made this kimchi stew. They were really easy to prepare. Although I think mine turned out a bit spicy. I should reduce the chili paste next time I'm making this.
Kimchi Jjigae/Chigae (From Maangchi)
200 grams of beef/tuna
4 or 5 cups of chopped kimchi
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp of hot pepper flakes
1 tbs hot pepper paste
half a package of tofu
sesame oil and water
- In a shallow pot, put some chopped kimchi and juice.
- Add sliced onion, hot pepper paste, and hot pepper flakes, sugar, and green onions.
- Pour water until all ingredients are submerged.
- Close the lid of the pot and boil it 25 or 30 minutes. (first 10 minutes will be high heat and then turn down the heat over medium heat)
- Add some tofu and boil it 5 minutes more and put some sesame oil right before serving.