Friday, June 17, 2011

Poached Egg


The first time I learn how to poach an egg is when I was six years ago - when I was in my basic western class. Eggs was our first lesson. We have to prepare five dishes with eggs - poached, sunny side up and over easy. That's all I remembered.


I made these for breakfast. Poached egg with toast and basil. Look at the runny egg yolk. Aren't you tempted?

Poached Egg

1 eggs
400ml water (for boiling)
1 tbsp of white vinegar

1. Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add a tbsp of white vinegar.
2. Crack an egg into a bowl. Stir the boiling water with a spoon in clockwise. Gently pour the egg into the center of simmering water.
3. Let the egg cook for 2 to 3 minutes depending on how runny you prefer your egg yolk to be.
4. Remove the egg with strainer.
5. Serve hot with toast. Sprinkle some pepper on egg and top with basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...