Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baked Mushroom with Eggs


Good morning dear readers!

I love watching Mrs.Hoshizawa in Dosanko Cooking. In fact, I always watched her show while having my breakfast in the morning. Mrs. Hoshizawa had lots of simple and good looking recipes. And it was good to learn a few cooking tips from her.


So, when I saw this baked mushroom with egg recipes from her, I was determined to try them. I love mushrooms! And that melted cheese on top tempted me to try this. So, I made this baked mushroom with egg with a bit of adjustment for the recipe to suit my available ingredients.


Baked Mushroom with Eggs

2 cups of any fresh mushroom (you can use two types of mushroom)
1 large onion, sliced thinly
1 tbsp butter
2 large eggs
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp milk
2tbsp soy sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste (don't use too much salt as you can get that saltiness from soy sauce)
1 cup shredded cheese, any type (I used mozzarella and cheddar)

1. Cut the roots off the bottom of the mushroom. Give them a good shake to remove any dirt. Separate the mushroom from clumps, and wash them with water. Set aside.

2. Heat up butter in a non-stick pan. Add in onion and stir fry until translucent. Add in mushrooms and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Mix them evenly and remove from heat. 

3. In a bowl, beat eggs. Mix in mayonnaise, milk, soy sauce and salt and pepper.

4. In a heat proof dish, put in the mushroom-onion stir fry. Then, pour the egg mixture on top of mushroom-onion.

5. Top with shredded cheese and bake in an oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius. Or until cheese turned brown, and egg mixture is no longer runny.

6. Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...