These onion rings were really crispy. I would never thought that I would be able to eat so many onion rings in one serving. I ate half of them as I was frying the other batch to cook in the frying pan too! Yes! It was that good!
I got the recipe from Jeaniemormof2 in allrecipe, and I altered a bit here and there to suit my available ingredients. I didn't have bread crumbs with me when I made these onion rings. So, I made my own bread crumb. I toasted a couple white bread, and grind them in food processor. They turned out to be really good and crispy!
1 onion, sliced into 1/4 inch
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried/chopped oregano/basil
1 cup + 2 tbsp milk
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
oil for frying
1. Separate the onion slice into rings, and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and herbs (oregano or basil).
3. Dip the onion slice into the flour until they are all coated. set aside.
4. Whisk the egg and milk into the flour mixture using a flour. Dip the floured rings into the batter to coat. Then, place on a wire rack to drain until the batter stop dripping.
5. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate or a shallow dish. Place rings one at a time into the crumb and coat them well. Repeat with remaining rings.
6. Deep fry at the rings at high heat a few minutes or until they turned golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
7. Ready to serve.