I used to prepare soft rolls a lot during my diploma. It is something which me and my classmates prepared for our commercial cooking class. Cut the roll into two, and spread some butter- it taste really good, fresh from the oven. I remember that I used to pack some leftovers soft rolls, and save the cute rolls for breakfast! The recipe is pretty simple too!
35g castor sugar
5g dried yeast
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer with salt and yeast added separately.
2. Mix for 20 minutes in medium speed.
3. Knead the dough. (I added in chopped basil at this step. You may add some other chopped herbs, or leave it as it is.)
4. Rest for 20 minutes. Cover the dough with damp towel.
5. Knock the dough.
6. Roll the dough into a ball. 20g per ball. (You may sprinkle some sesame seeds, almond nibs, etc on top of bread)
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius