I made this chocolate cake for someone's birthday last weekend. I opt to coat them with whipped cream to give them a light taste.Then I sprinkled some chocolate chip between the layers, and frosted them with more whipped cream.
Somehow, I managed to make my cake looks cheap than it appear to be. And I really, really, really need to improve my writing skills. (And I forget to dry the maraschino cherries before putting them on cake!! What am I thinking??) I think I like them without any coating and decoration. It looks nicer that way.
To whoever that received the cake, pardon me for my bad handwriting and cake decoration technique.
350g castor sugar
75g cocoa powder
175g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degree Celsius.
2. Sift cocoa powder, cake flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar in another bowl until it's fluffy. Then, add in eggs one by one. Beat in vanilla.
4. Alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk into the butter. Mix just until combined.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Let it cool and serve. You can have it plain, frosted with whipped cream, chocolate ganache or chocolate butter cream—anyway you like.
They look nice as cupcakes too! :)