It's been a while since I post anything here.
Anyone miss me? :D
I was busy with wedding and all that preparation last few weeks and it's finally over! Frankly, I miss being in the kitchen to cook/bake something. I miss experimenting with food! I made some profiteroles the other day and thought of sharing them with you :)
Profiteroles are small choux pastry with hollow rounds. Profiteroles are smaller version of cream puff. It is usually split in half and filled with whipped creams, ice cream or pastry cream (I usually filled them with pastry cream. Then, topped with chocolate sauce or dusted with powdered sugar.
2# egg white
- Reheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Bring water, butter and sugar to boil.
- Turn off the heat and add in flour all at once.
- Cool the dough and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in eggs one by one. Then, mix in egg white.
- Add in dough into piping bag and pipe them onto baking sheet, spacing them a couple of inches apart.
- Bake in profiteroles in the oven for 10 minutes at 220 degrees Celsius..
- Reduce heat to 190 degrees Celsius and bake until the profiteroles are golden.
- Cool them before filling them with desired fillings such as pastry cream, ice cream or whipped cream.
- Pour warm chocolate sauce or dust with powder sugar before serving.