I rarely bake cookies. When I do bake cookies, it is usually for the eid ul fitr preparation. I have lots of leftover peanut butter sitting on my shelf. And his year, I baked some peanut butter cookies drizzled with chocolate!
First, mix the dough. Shape the dough into balls, and roll them in sugar.
Arrange them neatly on tray. Press the top gently using a fork.
Then, press halves peanut on top. Bake. Cool. Then, drizzle melted chocolate on top. This process will help the peanut to stick to the cookies.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies
(recipe adapted from Bake at 350 Peanut Butter Blossoms)
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/3 c. castor sugar/fine granulated sugar (plus more for rolling)
1/3 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 bag peanut - halves
1 bar compound chocolate for drizzle - melted
1. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or use a non stick baking tray). Preheat oven to 175°Celsius.
2. Using a whisk, sift flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
3. In a new bowl, beat butter and peanut butter using the paddle attachment. Add in both sugars and beat until smooth. Then, add in egg and vanilla. Next, add in flour. Mix until well combined. Scrape the bottom and side of bowl once or twice to ensure that all ingredients are well mixed.
4. Shape the dough into1 inch balls and roll them in the extra sugar. Place coated dough balls on the baking tray. Press the top of balls with a fork gently to get the pattern. Then, pressed halves peanut on top.
6. Bake cookies until they are a very light golden color, in about 10 minutes to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the compound chocolate in a microwave for about, 30 seconds.
7. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Then, drizzle the chocolate. Wait until the chocolates are well set. Enjoy!