Potatoes product is one of my favorite ingredients. And French Fries is one of the dish that I've experimented for many time. I've always wanted to make that perfect, crispy homemade french fries, and haven't really succeed.
Anyway, I made this French Fries with Onion the other day. I wanted to combine two of my favorite potato recipe - French Fries and Lyonnaise Potato (a French dish of sliced pan-fried potatoes and thinly sliced onions, sautéed in butter with parsley).
French Fries with Onion
3 nos. Potato
1 medium onion - sliced thinly.
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 tsp vinegar
1. Preheat oven. Wash and scrub potato.
2. Arrange potato on baking dish. Drizzle some olive oil and salt. Bake potato with skins.
3. Let potato cool for a few minutes.
4. Cut potato into finger size. Combine fries with salt, pepper, vinegar and onion. Marinade for 30 minutes.
5. Heat oil. Deep fried fries until brown (along with sliced onion).
6. Serve while it is still hot!
Homemade fries are very easy to prepare, don't you think? I love French Fries with Onion. But I think it needs to be a little more crispy. I'm going to experiment and research a bit more on how to make my fries crispier! Do share with me if you have any tips to make your fries crispy :)