It has been quite some times since I've update this blog. I think it has been quite a while since my last experiments with food. Remember the last time I made Cabbage Wrap with Kimchi Paste? That was like 2 years ago! I thought I should try making cabbage rolls/wraps again. Instead of using Chinese cabbage, I opt for round cabbage this time. I have to say that Chinese Cabbage was easier to work with. Instead of serving them with spicy kimchi paste, I served this one with chicken soup instead. It's very healthy and delicious!
Cabbage Rolls Soup
1 medium round cabbage
2 chicken breast - ground
1/2 cup mushroom - chopped
1 medium onion - chopped
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups chicken stock
salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes; drain.
- In large bowl, combine ground chicken meat, chopped mushroom onion, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place about 2 tbsp of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf (it actually depends on the size of your cabbage leaf), and roll up, tucking in ends. Steam the rolls for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the steamed cabbage rolls in a soup pot and pour chicken stock. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle some parsley (optional) just before serving.