Sunday, October 3, 2010

Spicy Cinnamon Chicken


I meant to prepare some Peri-Peri Chicken for dinner when I realized that I am out of paprika, and I forgot to buy some lemon. You see, I been having this recipe since 2 years ago, while I was taking International Cuisine course in my culinary school.

Anyway, I was halfway done with my Peri-Peri marinade when I realized that two ingredients were missing. I decided to replace the lemon juice with some vinegar. Then, I found some cinnamon powder, and decided to add in some of them into the marinade. I heard that cinnamon goes well with chicken, but never had the chance to pair them together. So this is my chance.

It was delicious. The chicken I mean. The sweet smell of cinnamon was everywhere in the kitchen (and the living room). It blends really well with the chicken and I just love the spiciness of the chicken! 

Recipe 

1 chicken breast

Marinade:
3 fresh hot chili peppers – chopped
4 tbsp vinegar
5 tbsp oil
1 tbsp cayenne pepper or red pepper, or one tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp minced garlic
salt to taste 

 Procedure
Combine all ingredients. Grind and mix the ingredients into a smooth paste. Adjust the ratio of cayenne pepper to paprika to taste.  Rub marinade onto meat and allow marinating in a glass bowl for thirty minutes before cooking. Put them in the oven for 40 minutes over 200°Celsius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...