Friday, November 5, 2010

Chocolate Oat Truffles


I brought myself a chocolate bar mold the other day. I was thinking of practicing my chocolate tampering technique, but the chocolate end up looking bad. It wasn't as smooth. So, I melted those chocolate again, thinking that I should turn them into something else. When I look around the kitchen for ingredients, I found a packet of Quaker Oats', and decide to make something based on Chocolate and Oats. I peeked into the fridge, and found enough ingredients to make some Chocolate Oat Truffles. 


Chocolate Oat Truffle


120g Dark Chocolate - melted
80ml Cream
1 tsp Light Corn Syrup
1 tbsp Butter, soft
1 cup Oats
25 ml Milk - warm
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Almond - toasted and chopped (optional)
1/2 cup Cornflakes (optional)
Garnish:
250g  Compounded Chocolate - melted
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder - sifted.


1. Soak oats, almond and cornflakes with milk and vanilla. Set aside.

2. Combine the melted chocolate with cream and light corn syrup. Then, stir in the butter.

3. Stir in soaked oats with chocolate mixture. Mix until well combined.

4. Spread the chocolate-oat mixture on a parchment paper, and refrigerate them for an hour.

5. Cut the chocolate oat into square and roll in hands to form a ball.

6. Dip the chocolate ball into melted compounded chocolate, and immediately roll them in the cocoa powder until the truffle is fully covered. Let the chocolate set before moving them from the cocoa powder.


Notes: The cornflakes, when soaked with milk and oats will give the truffle a chewy texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...