Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chocolate Fudge Cupcake


I wanted to test out a recipe of chocolate fudge I got from my practical training. I remember the cake to be really good, not so sweet and seriously chocolaty. But when I read the recipe, I could sense that there were something wrong with it. The recipe used 900gm butter, and 200gm sugar. There's too little sugar!
I increased the sugar to 300gm and mix the cake anyway. It turns out to be really, really bland. Thank god, I could use the frosting to cover the bland taste of the cake.

When my brother brought the cake to his office (we had another cupcakes giveaway!), someone from his office decided to order some of the chocolate cake. I thought it would be an opportunity to correct the recipe.


I called my friend to find out the exact amount of sugar used. It turns out to be 2000gm instead of 200gm. So, that's why my cakes turns out to be really bland!

Chocolate Fudge 

900gm butter
2000gm sugar
16# eggs
450gm cocoa powder
1600gm flour
80gm baking soda
2 liter milk/water

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Beat butter and sugar till creamy in a bowl.
3. Then, add in eggs one by one.
4. In another bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together.
5. Add in flour mixture to butter, and mix well.
6. Pour in milk/water into the mixture.
7. Bake the cake for 25minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...