Sunday, April 17, 2011

Swiss Meringue Buttercream


I've never really make any Swiss Meringue Butter Cream before. I did however experimented on Italian Meringue Butter Cream. They were much difficult than Swiss, in my opinion. (I've found out about the Italian before Swiss!) So, when Aimi from burp! le feastin avec moi asked me about meringue butter cream last year, I gave her a recipe of Swiss Meringue Butter Cream.



In making Italian Meringue Butter Cream, I have to pour the sugar syrup to the beaten egg white. I have to be careful with the timing of boiling the sugar syrup and beating the egg white. There was too many works. 

In preparing Swiss Meringue Butter Cream however, all I need to do was placing the sugar and egg white in a heat-proof bowl, and  Place sugar and egg whites in the heat-proof bowl of an electric mixer over a pan of simmering water, and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. It's much more simple in my opinion.




I'm glad that the butter cream turns out really well and pretty too!


(Martha Stewart's Recipe)
500gm sugar
10 large egg whites
500gm  unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons vanilla extract  (or any other desired flavoring)


1. Place sugar and egg whites in the heat-proof bowl of an electric mixer. Set bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, and whisk until sugar has dissolved and egg whites are hot to the touch, about 3 minutes

2. Transfer bowl to mixer stand. Using the whisk attachment, beat on high speed about 10 minutes, until mixture has cooled completely and formed stiff and glossy peaks.

3. Add the butter, one piece at a time, and beat until incorporated after each addition. If the butter cream appears curdled after all the butter has been added, continue beating. It will become smooth again. Add vanilla, and beat just until combined.

4. Switch to the paddle attachment, and beat on the lowest speed to eliminate any air pockets, about 5 minutes.  If you have taken it out from the fridge or freezer then bring it back to room temperature and whip it before use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...