Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake


My brother bought back a pumpkin which he get from a friend. My mother rarely cooked with them, and I never used any pumpkin in my cooking - not even during my culinary study. Then, I remembered that Kevin from Closet Cooking have lots of pumpkin recipes, and I decided to try his Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake. I made this Pumpkin Cheesecake with a little bit of alteration with Kevin's recipe, using whatever ingredients available.


2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs *
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
6 tbsp butter (melted)
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
3 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 cup brown sugar **
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger ***
1/4 tsp ground cloves ***
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg ***

1. Mix the gingersnap cookie crumbs, sugar, ginger and butter and press into the bottom and up 1 inch along the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan.
2. Bake the crust in a preheated oven at 350F for 5 minutes and set aside.
3. Cream the cream cheese.
4. Mix in the egg one at a time followed by brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla and then, the spices.
5. Pour the mixture into the spring form pans.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it is set, about 60-70 minutes.
7. Let it cool completely
8. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.

Alteration:
* I used marie biscuit crumbs instead of gingersnap cookie crumbs.
** I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cups
*** I used mixed spice as the spice isn't available.

Be sure to visit Closet Cooking for more awesome pumpkin recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...