The first time I had a steamed brownies was last year during my visit to Bandung, Indonesia. A friend recommended me to try Bandung's steamed brownies. I bought 1kg of them. I gave half of them to a friend as a souvenir and divided the other half to my family members. And it wasn't enough. One portion of Bandung's steamed brownies are not going to satisfy you. You just gotta have more than one portion. That's when I decided to try and make my own steamed brownies. It wasn't as good as the one I bought in Bandung, but, it wasn't that bad either.
200g dark chocolate, chopped (don't use cheap chocolate, or it wouldn't taste as good)
200g flour, sieved
150g castor sugar
100g walnut, chopped (optional)
1. Melt butter and chocolate in microwave, and let it cool for a while.
2. Mix eggs and sugar until fluffy.
3. Fold in flour into the egg mixture with a spatula.
4. Then, add in the melted chocolate into the eggs mixture. Mix well. Fold in walnut.
5. Pour batter into a 10x10 baking tray, and steam for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the toothpick came out clean.
6. Let the brownies cool, and refrigerated for at least two hours before served.