Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chocolate & Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream


Foodies by ai reverts back to pink! How do you like it? The banner was actually drawn by my little sister. I asked her to draw that picture for my blog, and she did. I thought it was quite alright, although she needed to improve more on perspective.

Anyway, I made this Chocolate and Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Swiss Meringue for my brother's birthday. He turned 26 this year! Congratulation!


But, I couldn't decide between Vanilla or Chocolate. So, I made both for him. I thought I wanted to experiment on the checkered cake, once more. 


Yes, I made the checkered cake years ago. It was Vanilla and Chocolate with Coffee butter cream. I remember making them for my parent's anniversary :)




And the good thing about making a checkered cake is that, you'll get two cakes instead of one :) So, I make one for my family, and the other one for my brother to bring them to his office. It's part of my giveaway plan. But, the first cake turned out like this. It doesn't look as appetizing as I'm out of butter cream. And, it was too late to went out to buy more ingredients to make one.


I bought more ingredients and prepare more butter cream the next morning.  And this is how the cake looks like after decorated. I think it looks quite alright. What do you think about it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...