I made this brownies for someone's kids birthday. This brownies is a bit different than the steamed brownies I made last month. Steamed brownies is a bit chewy, and this one had a nice crumbs on top. It's soft and not too sweet. This one is a plain brownies. I omitted the walnuts as I know some kids didn't really like them. But I bet it would taste really good with vanilla ice cream. YUM!
Okay, I made two batches actually. The first one is plain brownies. And the second one was topped with chocolate ganache and white and chocolate chips.
Brownies (Adapted from Professional Cooking 5th Edition)
450g Unsweetened Chocolate
30ml Vanilla Essence
450g Cake Flour
450g Chopped Walnut
1. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter using double boiler, or microwave. Set aside.
3. Blend eggs, sugar and salt. Do not whip. Then, add in vanilla.
4. Blend in melted chocolate into eggs and sugar mixture.
5. Sift in cake flour into the chocolate mixture. Then, fold in chopped walnut.
6. Pour into a greased and floured 8x8 inches pan (you might need more than one pan), or a bigger pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let it cool and serve. You can have it plain, topped with frosting or served with ice cream. Anyway you like it :)