Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chocolate Mousse


My friend asked me if I could make chocolate mousse. I know that I've made them when I prepared the Sarawak Layered Cake Charlotte years ago. This mousse recipe I contain gelatin powder.

Remember this?
So, while I browsed through some recipe books and some on the internet, I found a lot of  recipes that used meringue, and no gelatin powder. I decided to make a little experiment by combining in a little bit of this and that.

Chocolate Mousse

150 g Chocolate - dark chocolate, bittersweet - cut into small pieces
200ml whipping cream
50g castor sugar
2 egg yolks
2 egg white

  1. Melt chocolate in double boiler. Leave it cool to room temperature. Use the high quality chocolate for a tastier result.
  2. Whipped cream with 10g of sugar until peak.
  3. Beat egg yolk in another bowl with another 10g of sugar until foamed.
  4. Whisked egg white in another bowl with the remaining sugar.
  5. Using a spatula, fold in egg yolk into the chocolate. Then, fold in whipped cream followed by egg white.
  6. Spoon the chocolate mixture into ramekins.
  7. Keep refrigerated overnight.
  8. Serve mousse with whipped cream. You may decorate with chocolate powder, chocolate rice or serve it plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...