Pai Tee would taste really good with fillings and the sweet sauce. Since I already have my Pai Tee skins (You could keep your skins in an air tight container so they would stay crispy), it's time to prepare the fillings and sauce. Pai Tee fillings would usually consist of carrots, jicama, tofu, bean sprout, mushroom, shrimp or chicken. You could use any of the ingredients based on your taste preference.
Pai Tee Filling
1.5kg carrot - cut julienne
200g shrimp - chopped
2 tbsp chopped garlic
50g bean sprout
50 ml chicken stock
1. Heat a skillet over a medium fire.
2. Stir garlic with oil until golden. Add in carrot and chopped shrimp.
3. Add in chicken stock and let it simmer and reduce for two minutes. Then, stir in bean sprout.
4. Season to taste.
5. Add in the fillings into the case. Top with Pai Tee chili sauce, and garnish with chopped spring onion, or sliced cherry tomato.
Pai Tee Sauce
6# red chilies.
1 inch ginger
4-5 clove garlic
1/2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp vinegar
1. Blend red chillies with ginger and garlic.
2. Cook the blended ingredients with sugar, vinegar and salt over medium heat.