I made these sponge cake for my parents' anniversary last week. It's been quite some times since I made these sponge cake. The last time I made them, I was still in the culinary school.
Aren't they adorable? And fluffy too...
I made two trays of them and decided to give half of them to family's friends and the save some for my family. The first cake was filled with whipped cream and cocktail fruits and frosted with more whipped cream - and these batch were given away.
They're not too sweet kind of treats, which is good as my mother didn't favor sweets much.
Anyway, Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!
Vanilla Sponge Cake
250g castor sugar
250g soft flour
150g butter, melted
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except for butter.
3. Beat well in about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Fold in melted butter into the batter.
5. Pour batter into a pan and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Decorate and serve :)