Friday, November 12, 2010

Chocolate Truffles


My younger brother came back home last weekend. He told me to make something for him to bring back to his college. Well, it was 4 hours and less until he had to go back to college. I haven't got the time to plan anything. Then, I remembered that I still have some chocolates and cream left from my Oat Truffle. So, I made him some Chocolate Truffle instead. I had some melted chocolate left, so I made him some Almond T'ings too :)

Chocolate Truffle
125g Dark Chocolate
100ml Cream
2 tbsp Corn Syrup
10g Butter
250g Melted Compound Chocolate - for dipping
200g Cocoa Powder - sifted


1. Chop dark chocolate into a small pieces.

2. Combine cream with corn syrup in a sauce pot. Bring them to boil, and stir constantly.

3. Pour the cream to the dark chocolate, and stir them well. Then, stir in the butter.

4. Set aside ganache in the refrigerator for an hour, or until ganache is firm to work with.

5. Rest ganache at room temperature for 5 minutes.

6. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a teaspoon, scoop out balls of ganache and place on the sheet pan.

7. Roll the ganache into a round ball.

8. Dip the ball into the melted compound chocolate.

9. Roll them with cocoa powder. Leave the ball on the cocoa powder until set before remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...